Saturday, June 15, 2013

Interesting day. ..

On Thursday,  I contacted my breast surgeon who did a double lumpectomy back in January to remove 2 fibroadnomas (sp), 1 from each breast.  I felt I should let her know that I felt some lumps in my left breast.  I had a6 month follow up scheduled for July,  but they decided they should see me right away.  They got me in for 10am Friday morning. Since she is in mission Viejo,  I granted my dad and the kids and headed to stay the night at my sister brandi's in Ladera, about 15 minutes from the office. 
Around 4am I woke up with a bladder infection for the 4th time in about 6 weeks! 2 weeks ago I completed a7 day prescription for it and it's already back! ? I rummaged for something to take and found advil, vitamin c and airborne. Lays back down but didn't fall back to sleep. ...
In the morning,  Dad and the boys went with brandi to my nephews end of the year program and I went to the doctors.  First thing they do is take my vitals,  "104 over 40, your blood pressure is low" "what does that mean? What do I do?" "I don't know,  you can talk to the doctor about it" Oh,  great,  I thought. ...
Doc came in. ... "How's it going?" "Well,  I woke up with a bladder infection this morning,the tech tells me my blood pressure is low and I have felt new lumps in my breast!  Besides that,  everything is great!"
Doc is from New York and she has a great personality that totally works for me. ... She laughed and said,  "you're a mess" I said,  "I know! 40 sure isn't being nice to me!" And she started looking through my chart. 
We talked about possibilities for this reoccurring bladder infection and how it's possibly related to my low blood pressure.  She prescribed me an antibiotic,  sent me to the lab for a culture and started on my breast.
"Wow! Yes,  12 to 3 o'clock, gosh. ... Let me get the ultrasound machine".
She went to get the machine,  but it was in use,  so she asked me about charity for charity and we discussed the unfortunate passing of 2 adult beneficiaries in about a week. We discussed the blessing of CfC being able to offer these families memories to cherish for ever by sending them on their dream family vacations,  and the other things we are able to provide as our funds increase.  She shared with me,  a story of a woman fighting cancer and the book she wrote with her daughter for kids dealing with parents going through chemo.  It's special how talking about CFC opens conversation about other special people.
The knock on the door broke the conversation. .. The machine was available.
She no sooner started and she saw things she didn't understand or like. After about 10 minutes of checking and measuring,  she felt it was necessary to refer me to an ultrasound technician. ...
She recommended I take primerose oil for the tenderness in my breast. 
I left her office with my handsful.... I was sent down the hall for my culture. ... After that,  I got in the car and called the imaging center to make my appointment for the ultrasound.  Earliest available was a week later. 
It was a strange feeling when I got in the car.  I want worried or depressed,  but I wasn't thrilled.  There was a damper feeling and ora about me.  I just wanted to go home. ..
I picked up dad and the boys and we went to eat,  I was starved. 
After we ate,  I wanted to find a boat store to get Alex a couple things for Fathers Day. Feeling Moody,  I was irritated trying to find a place.  Fortunately mom referred me to a place that I was able to get a couple things I was looking for.  That made me happy.
But then. ... We got on the freeway and it took us 2 hours to get home,  when it should've taken 50 minutes!
What a day! Then I had to run to spuntino to sign softball papers,  then my friend debi invited me over to give me my birthday present and have a glass of much needed wine. 
The end of my day offered a nice glass of wine,  great conversation with a friend and relaxation. ... Thank you debi,  you didn't even know I needed it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment