Monday, June 24, 2013

REALLY????

well, you might not know, but late last year I had a boob lump scare. Turns out after a lot of confusing and nerve racking doctor visits, I was going to have to have double lumpectomy. Unfortunately, I ended up with a hematomo and after that, an ecoli infection! But! In the end... I was all clear! No more, "keeping an eye" on them!!! ...... so I thought! :(
Its been 3 months since all the frustrating complications and I've been feeling a lump in my left breast! I called my surgeon and got into see her last week. She didn't like the fact that she felt the same lump and it didn't belong there! So she refers me to the imaging center so I can have an ultrasound with a radiologist reading. Since my surgeon is in OC, I asked if I could have the imaging done in Murrieta since that's where I had the previous 2 imaging appointments since I really liked the radiologist and it was SO MUCH closer to my house!
I made my appointment, soonest available, a week later. To take you back a little, when I had the scare above, for some reason unknown to me, there is a form in my file that says I tested positive for the BRCA gene. It's an expensive genetic testing that can tell you if you are at high risk for breast cancer. I don't remember having the test, nor was I told I tested positive for it until the radiologist wanted to send me for an MRI before my biopsy. These reports in my file caused some fast action by the radiologist and called for extreme testing asap. The lumps turned out to be benign, but the reports remain in my file now.
So, when I went back into imaging this last week, again, they find these reports and have to treat me like a BRCA positive patient... which is alarming for everyone involved.  I asked the tech how I can get to the bottom of this questionable report and she said I'd have to track down where it came from and look for where they originated... where do I start??? I asked if Dr. Grey, the radiologist from the last 2 times, was there (I saw him walk by) and she said he was there, but not reading, he was just in for a meeting. Disappointed, I hoped I would get the same treatment that Dr. Grey gave me last time, coming into the room and explaining everything to me followed by what I'll need to do next! Well, unfortunately, that didn't happen. The tech did the ultrasound, walked out to show the radiologist  and came back in to tell me that he'll get the results to my doctor in 2 to 3 business days! :(
So, I left with no more or less information then I went in with. BUMMER. With no new information, I took off to pick up Lauren and Logan from my sisters, then to Spuntino to pick up Luca who had been hanging with Alex that morning. When I walked into Spuntino, who is standing at the counter???? DR GREY!!!!!
So I walked up to him and told him that I was just in the office! Filled him in on everything and (here's the good part/God part!) he offers to look into the BRCA results for me! When you consider that I'm RARELY in Spuntino anymore, I have only been to the imaging center 3 times and that I was discouraged about this unsolved mystery... it's clear that the situation was of  "DEVINE DESIGN"! Dontcha think? ;)
Dr. Grey followed through with his promise and now... we are requesting the test results.... another waiting game.... waiting on the results from the ultrasound AND the BRCA lab! Praying.... will let ya know!

No comments:

Post a Comment