Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm sooooo sorry!!!

I know, it's been what?! 4 day's since I've logged in to BLOG! I'm having such a hard time with my internet access and getting time to get online! Okay... Sunday... what happened Sunday?
Oh, wait! Let me take you back to Saturday...
I had to come back from my Neice and Nephews birthday early because Alex needed me to do a catering job. It was for someone I had never met before. It was a friend of a friend. So I met Alex at the restaurant around 430pm and loaded up our cars. My girlfriend Marija was finishing up her Yoga certification and meeting me at the house to help. Alex was down one server at the restaurant, so he couldn't stay. He and I went to the house, dropped off all the food and he took off. Marija showed up about 15 minutes later. We set up the appetizer buffet and waited. As guests arrived, we helped pour wine but not much more then that until um... about 830!!! Yes, 3 and a half hours after Marija showed up, they were ready for the main course! Most guests had 2 helpings and some guests didn't show up until around 915! I waited at the pace of the host but realizing, some guests were leaving as others were just finishing up their meals! Well, we had dessert and if we waited much longer, it would be a tray of tirimasu for the 2 hosts, their 2 kids and Marija and myself!! So! We did the birthday song and by 10pm I was serving dessert! By 1030 I figured if Marija and I didn't sit to eat ourselves, we'd go to bed starving or have to eat at Del Taco or Denny's! After talking to Alex and knowing all was well at the restaurant, Marija and I sat down and ate. The host and our mutual friends sat with us as I talked about life these days which always brings me to the LOVE DARE! They were so interested that they both took the info so they could buy the movie and book that week! Around 11 Marija and I cleaned up and by 12 we were headed back. Alex called a little irritated and confused as to why we were there so late. He got home before me and the LOVE DARE was put to the test. He was upset, not because I was doing a job longer then expected, but that he wasn't busy at the restaurant and there was time we could have spent together and I was taking to long wrapping things up. The LOVE DARE that day was Love Let's the Other One Win! This actually took action the next morning, Sunday, which went from a nice, "romantic" morning to a heated jealous MINOR rage from Alex over taking TOO MUCH TIME AT THE CATERING JOB. I stayed calm, stating facts of the night, although he refused to believe what I was saying. Understanding where he was coming from, I simply stated that I understood his point and will be considerate of it next time. He didn't instantly change his attitude but it definitely defused the anger/argument.
SO, Sunday, I missed church. Was bummed about that. But did enjoy time with the boys. We read by the pool, cleaned the garage, fed the animals and then went grocery shopping. It's always more difficult to shop with children then by yourself, but we make a game out of it and it seems to help a ton! They each get to retrieve items we need (and some we don't) and then we take "jobs" at home, putting things away. This time Luca had the refrigerator and Logan had the pantry. I find having this Team Work Game, we have family time, the kids value teamwork and I GET HELP with the dirty work! hahah~! I ironed into the evening, my "sick" pleasure and the boys played Wii. They play Batman which was written for ages 1o and up. My children's ages together aren't even 10 right now!!! They clear level after level like NOTHING! Unbelieveable!! Come 8pm, we watch Funniest home Videos, Extreme Home Makeover and then beddy bye time for them and Criminal Minds for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment