Friday, April 24, 2009

Thursday! Whoa Thursday!

Okay, I'm not quite where to start for yesterday! My little guy doesn't go to school on Thursdays, so I had him during the day. We met Gina at Target to get some "Superhero" stuff for my charity organizations beneficiary. I know, you haven't heard all about the details of that yet. I'm not going to get into it entirely yet, but you can go to www.charityforcharity.org to be filled in a little. The brief of it is that we are an organization which selects 2 individuals with special needs by fulfilling their wishes. This year we had a 33 year old single mother fighting cancer and a 4 year old little boy, fighting Langerhans disease, which is a form of cancer. He wanted to have a Superhero party with his friends and go to Disneyland with his family. We are able to make these wishes come true! His Superhero party was last night, so there were last minute deeds to be wrapped up yesterday. Fortunately, our desperate search for replacement Superhero characters was resolved with our restaurant employee, Becka and her CDF boyfried, Jerimiah!! So, like I said, Gina and I had to buy out Target, Walmart and Dollar Tree while Brenda bought out Toys R Us of all the Superhero stuff we could find. I'm talking EVERYTHING we could find!! That kid could not want for ONE MORE Superhero product!!! It's awesome!! Not to mention it was so fun going on a shopping spree!! After shopping, I went to help my "new PR girl" and friend Tammi in our office. That was the "smooth" part of the day, especially since my nanny showed up to take my adorable little baby boy!
From there, I met Becka and Jerimiah at CC&Co, the costume shop donating the costumes. They had to try on the perfect costume for them. Jerimiah was able to be HULK, Tallon's favorite character. And Becka was the PERFECT Wonder Woman!!! I got a call from Brenda, who was in charge of bringing all the Toys R Us stuff she bought and she was on her way to pick up her daughter who was throwing up at school! She wouldn't be able to come to the party and needed me to pick up the stuff from her work. So, from the costume shop, i headed to Old Town Temecula, to State Farm, where she works and we pulled up at the same time, but she was rushing into the bathroom with her daughter, who was suppose to sit in a back room while she finished working! Well, she didn't make it to the toilet and Brenda was stuck. I offered to take her kids home for her, so she could keep working. So I did, I transferred the Superhero stuff to my care and drove her kids home. At this point, I had to RUSH to the party as to not be late! Drove in right at 4, when the party was supposed to start. No one except Gina and Karen were there. There were 26 kids who RSVP'd... where were they all???? We unloaded everything in the party room and began to set up! Around 415 the gang arrived and Tallon, as shy as ever, was sweet to give me a little hug, showing that he remembered me from the Stars of the Valley event, where we awarded him his wish!
So the kids headed into the Pump It Up bounce room and I anxiously awaited the Hulk and Wonder Woman arrival! They waited to get dressed until after they got there and I had to paint Hulks whole face green! He was such a great sport! He looked AMAZING when he was done, and Becka couldn't have been more perfect or beautiful! We called all the kids into the party room
and showed Tallon all of his goodies. Poor kid... I don't think he could absorb it all! So, before feeding them pizza, donated by the Mill in Murrieta, we had Wonder Woman and Hulk come out and surprise everyone! They did such a great job and the kids were so excited to see them! Hulk sat with Tallon while he ate and Wonder Woman worked the room.
As they were finishing their pizza, I get a call from Spuntino saying that the center's water would be shut off at 6pm due to a water main leak! Thursday nights at the pizzeria can be like Friday nights! I already was short handed, since Gina and I had to be at the party. Marissa had been there since 11am and Breanna was coming from school at 5 or 6, the last thing I needed, or they needed was no water! Alex insisted we stay open and work it out without the water!
While the kids finished up their Batman cupcakes, took photos with the Superheros and all of the sudden the power shuts down! We were in the dark for about 1 minute and I get a phone call from Spuntino saying there's no power there! That's in another city on the far side of town! What kind of problem is this???? Shortly there after my nanny calls from my house telling me there's no power there! Terrorists? County wide blackout? What is this!?!??! Then Alex calls me from work saying he needs me to come there and be there incase any customers come, but he has to go pick up a friend in Fallbrook! Torn between all the crisis's I took a big breath and walked outside. The lady that worked at Pump It Up was on the phone with her son who said it was a Green Day plan for 8 minutes and literally as she announced it, the power came on! EVERYWHERE! Yay! Okay, crisis number 2, get to Gourmet Italia for Alex. Gina, Karen and Jen stayed to wrap up the party and i rushed to relieve Alex.
Well, I pull in and in the window I see customers! I walk in and the place was FULL! Alex was taking orders, so I looked at him and said, "Now what?!" He said, "I don't know", so I offered to go get the friend. Only thing was, I was supposed to head right to Spuntino after the wish party. Expecting me around 615, Breanna let Marissa go a little early! Welp! I was on the freeway headed to Fallbrook at that time! I picked up the friend and was headed back when Alex called saying Breanna was in panic, ready to walk!!! It was packed, the water was turned off, the credit card machine wouldn't work after the power outage and she couldn't do it another second alone!!! So I called her and told her I was coming to Rancho. She held back her tears and said okay. I walked, I mean ran into work and it was packed, FULL and there was a line of take out customers out the door! I jumped right in and rescued her from her distress! We stayed packed, working without running water and having to ask customers for check or cash only. About 6 customers didn't have a check or cash, so i accepted IOU's! It was a crazy night until around 930. During the chaos, Hulk and Wonder Woman showed up for some din din! They changed back to their civilian selves and I sat with them to enjoy a glass of wine when things settled down. We left there around 11pm and I was whooped! Breanna finished with a smile by the way! Fhew!
Since we left the place a mess and the water was being turned back on at midnight, the credit card machine couldn't settle, there was a lot to do Friday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment