Thursday, April 7, 2011

a couple days without the boys...

I left the boys with my mom on Tuesday... headed home around 3. Had Wine and Grub with Weins at 7pm.... what a wonderful evening we had with David from Weins! Our die hard gang was there... strange, we have had 30-40 people the past 5 W&G's and oddly, this night there was a small, intimate group and it was kinna neat!! Filippo always comes up with the greatest food and you pair that with amazing wine and wonderful people and you have a special evening that gets you through the week with a smile! :) After that, I had the wonderful idea to spend a great night with my hubby! After all, I have a night with no children!!!! Well, the thought was nice... but timing is EVERYTHING!!! WRONG TIME!!! It took one little nonsense thing and I was headed home ALONE! Is there MAN menstrual cycles???? I think there is!!! I don't have woman ones, but my love has MAN ones!!! Hahah! That's okay, I had to catch up on watching Celebrity Apprentice anyways! That was a treat!!! Meatloaf had a breakdown that was quite entertaining! I was happy to see him make it right in the end... and the funny thing is, I had a similar issue with a couple of the guys at work 2 days later! I had to play interventionist and help them make things right in the end... funny how these things work! It kinda helped me help them after watching Meatloaf... THANKS MEATLOAF!!! Hahaha!! Yesterday was a long day! I had an appt at the Breast Center that took 2 hours. I had a mammo, ultrasound and meeting with the doctor. I am scheduled for an MRI since I am too "dense" to tell what is going on inside! But there is a binine lump that they are going to remove, but not until they get the results from my MRI and rule out any other possibilities. It's amazing how much they can do these days and it's so vital for us women to take these steps to keep a constant eye on us and catch anything that could appear before it gets out of control! I am grateful for the research that has led to all of the amazing machines and tools that our medical world has today! After my appt I went to Gourmet and was fortunate to run into a FAREWELL party that I had committed to be at, but for some reason, the schedule in my phone didn't remind me of! I met a really great musical couple that was invited to play. She's a pianist and he is a world renown musician, playing the guitar at the party. The gathering lasted a couple of hours and then I was off to shop for mexican food and margarita's! A couple of the gals from work and I planned on dinner and watching American Idol. Bryn and I have made it our weekly tradition, to watch American Idol together (my favorites are James, Paul, Pia and Lauren). Bryn brought the margarita mix and I did the food. Alicia came up after working for a while... she made it just in time for tacos! Bryn made Jose Cuervo Silver Margarita's after telling me that she doesn't like the pre-made stuff because it is too sweet. Well... the problem, you see, is that when you "make your own" it seems that you tend to put MORE tequila then the recipe calls for. And, that's exactly what she did... but I didn't realize it until the end of the second glass!!! We ate dinner and went to the couch... but on the way I felt a little off balance. I've had 2 margarita's MANY of times and haven't felt a thing! As happy as I felt, watching American Idol, drinking my margarita and finishing a yummy mexican dinner, I didn't feel myself. Hmmmmm????? I sat on the couch, not moving too much, changed the channel after Idol to "The Blind Side", an all time favorite movie of mine. Alicia hadn't seen it and Bryn loves it as much as I did, plus, she had to relieve her babysitter in 45 minutes so she couldn't stay for the whole thing. As I was watching, I realized that it was hard to keep my eyes open. It was only 10 o'clock and I'm never falling asleep that early, but last night I WAS!!! Then, all of a sudden, I excused myself to the restroom! I actually got SICK off of those DARN margarita's!!!!!! EWWWWWWWW! I know, TMI! BUT I couldn't believe it!!! That just doesn't happen to me (well maybe once or twice 15 years ago!)!! Alicia left before the end of the movie and it wasn't soon enough for how I was feeling, but I didn't tell her, afterall, why should I ruin her chance to see one of the greatest movie's ever??? I walked her out, went back on the couch and thought I would watch the end of the movie then go to bed. Guess I feel asleep there because I woke up, turned off the TV and went to climb into bed, when to my surprise, I walked into my HUBBY already in bed watching TV!! "You're home???" I asked! He said, "ya, i kissed you when i came in, you didn't feel me?" OOOOOOOO wow! No, I didn't feel him... THAT DARN JOSE CUERVO SILVER MARGARITA!!!!!!!! I crawled into bed and fell right to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment