Monday, April 4, 2011

We survived the day!

When we arrived at Brandi's in Ladera, the boys were "sick"! I took the Ortega Hwy for a nice Sunday drive... they never got sick before! Poor guys... they FELL into the house and crashed... "oooooo we feel so sick"!! So Dan and I unloaded the car... a little settling of the stomachs and the luggage and it was SWIM TIME!!! The pool was 80 degrees when we arrived, but that wasn't "warm enough" for these OC'ers... no, 90 degrees was what they were waiting for! Swimming in BATH temperature!?!??! Really!?!?!? Well, I wasn't in the pool, maybe I would have enjoyed feeling like I'm in pee! Hahah!!! Hours of pool fun and munchies led to dinner time! Brandi and I decided it was time to make din din... she had bought spiral ham, asparagus and potatoes. After playing tug o war over who could make the best asparagus, I gave into her style :). They were okay, but mine would have been better! hee hee! I made the potatoes and we heated the already cooked ham. She popped open a bottle of Chianti and we "cheered" to us and our cooking! After dinner, the kids ate EVERYTHING (guess we are pretty good cooks!) and we were ready to rock again! This time we decided to play Just Dance 2! Okay, that was so much fun! I started with the microphone, singing while they all danced! I love to sing! Not that I CAN, but I love to! And thanks to my family, they let me think I can! :) So I sang and the kids and Brandi danced... so funny!






GOOD TIMES!!! LOVE that you can't hear me singing in the background. For some reason when I upload videos from my phone, it doesn't bring the sound :(.


Once we got settled down from Just Dance 2... we watched the Academy of Country Music Awards! My favorite performances were Steven Tyler and Carrie Underwood and of course, Sugarland! Many of the other entertainers sounded strange for me... oh! but I did also like Keith Urban! They kept giving us "teasers" about WHO WOULD WIN ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR??? but, as I am new to Twitter, I checked it often last night and Ryan Seacrest, who I follow, said congrats to Taylor Swift since he was the presenter, LONG before they announced it on the show! Previously taped show, Ryan spilled the beans and killed the suspense! Oh well! Lesson learned.. don't use the internet if you like surprises!!!


Sleep was pretty good, a little chilly sleeping under a fan and was too lazy to get up to turn it off...


Today, we are taking the kids to HOP! Can't wait! Looks so adorable!


BTW - Missed my show, Celebrity Apprentice... guess I missed a Meatloaf Meltdown!!!! Glad I recorded it... I'll watch it when I get home!


Time to sign off and get ready for my day! Safe flight to Daddy, flying SOUTHWEST (yikes) to go up to help Cami since she's out with her ELBOW!!! Pray for her and Daddy's flight!


Ciao until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment