Saturday, April 9, 2011

we've got our EYES on you!

So I woke up yesterday thinking about how many things I was going to get done! It was Friday day and I only had work at 6pm! That's 9 hours to do laundry, clean house, run errands... etc! So, I did. I started laundry and started picking up the house. Alex woke up and remided me that we just got an intercom/camera for our new gate and he went over to check the red flashing light. He explained to me how it worked then he checked the recording. He was all excited for there was someone recorded on the "gate cam" from earlier in the morning!!! Laughing hysterically, I joined him in viewing our Fed Ex driver who happens to be my "aunt" becky. (it's my Uncle by marriage but minds well be my blood uncle, so we call of his family our aunts and uncles). We forgot to leave a note for all the delivery people and she was surprised by the new gate. It's as though she was confused as to how the key pad worked and the camera shows the faces, the closer they get like the horse in Pete's Dragon when Lampy saw him through the window of the pub. She was recorded in pieces so she was in slow motion with a frazzled face pushing buttons. Well, we were sleeping so she had no response to her call and left. This is going to be fun!!! People have no idea what they look like or what we see... too bad we don't have too many drop by's! We could have an evening of entertainment every night! Especially if we lived in a neighborhood where girl scouts and Jahovah witness were knocking! Hahahaha!!! The cleaning lady was next, but we heard that ring! We were all excited... all 4 of us ran to the unit on the wall to buzz her in! We laughed at the same sight as Aunt Becky except, when we rang her in, she hurried and rushed to jump in her car as though the gate would only open for a second and she might miss it being outside of her car! (By the way... the way our gate is set up, you can't drive up to the key pad, you have to park, get out and walk up to it... sorry for you... if it's raining!!!!) So the cleaning lady and I cleaned the house while the boys went room to room leaving their little messes of "love" behind. Alex did the same, but got ready for his day and left shortly there after. Alex asked me to contact some wine rack companies to get some quotes for our new wine cellar, so I spent some time doing that, laundry and then made lunch. By the end of lunch it was about 2pm and that's when I realized it was FRIDAY... I didn't have the day to stay home and do "nothing"!!! I had Sharron, our Charity for Charity office manager in the office to work with!! I felt so bad, not to mention embarressed... have I lost my mind? She was gracious and fortunately had Leah (our Treasurer) there to work with her!!! I readied (is that a word?) the boys and myself and thought I would give the cleaning lady some "alone" time. This way, by the time she left, the house would actually be clean! :) I had a couple things on my list to do... Alex had a new pair of Dolce and Gabanna pants he bought in Italy to replace the ones he bought last year. He wore those things OUT... and I'm not kidding! They had been to the tailers 5 times to repair holes throughout them from him wearing them so much! But he loved them enough, so when he went back in March, he bought the exact same pair. But they come with now hem, so I had to take them into get them hemed so he can begin to wear these ones out! The other thing I had on my list was one that has been on my list since July, 2003. When we moved into this house, there were a few things that the contracter left undone. The story is that he ran out of money and had to sell it for only what he had into it. The next owners forclosed on it, then the next owners were beginning to forclose until we stepped in and saved them! But still, only 6 years old and the house was a structure on a dirt lot with several things left undone. We had a few things done that summer while we were in Italy, but not everything... one thing that remained was the fireplace. It was and is the metal surface that it was when they installed the thing. I have had umpteen million parties, many that have been "set" in the living room with the unfinished fireplace. It seemed so simple to tile, and I thought for the past 8 years that I was capable of figuring out how to tile it, that I would get all the supplies and do it. Well, I am thrilled to say, after 8 years, I purchased all the tools to attempt this project! Today, I will be taking on this new challenge and I am SURE that it will be something to write about.....

No comments:

Post a Comment