Sunday, May 19, 2013

Arriving home from San Diego by 8:15am was the kick off of a LONG day!
First, Logan had a soccer game. He was up when I got home... excited and dressed for his game. He was at football practice the night before, so he missed out on the surprise that whisked me away while he was gone. He was crazy curious to find out all the details... as I filled him in on MOST ;)
After his ten o'clock game... it was time to go home and get some things done before the boys City Championship Football games. Time flew by and before we knew it, they were dressing for their games. Logan started at 6, but had to arrive at 5. It was uneventful, as his team slaughters EVERY team they play. Logan had no action, which was a bummer, but they did beat the other team by A LOT. 
Luca's game 2 hours later, on the other hand, was exciting! Ahead by 2 touchdowns in the first quarter, we held them until half time. Then, they scored 2 on us, but we were ahead by an extra point! Luca was amazing on defense.... capturing flags like a lion! 4th quarter rolls around and we just have to hold them. BUT... in the last 5 minutes of the game.... they intercept and gain possession of the ball, which ended in them getting another TD and winning the game! :( BIG FAT BUMMER!!!! 
We rolled out of there by 9:30. I hit the wall big time before Luca's game ever started!!! I got my little energy rush for his game, then it was home and down for the count.... Forty just isn't twenty... is it?

Sunday was Mothers Day... yet another eventful day! Will I EVER get to slow down????? Since Mother's Day is so busy at the restaurant, I've created a tradition of spending my day with the boys. Last year, Angelo's wife Ericka and I, planned a wonderful day for ourselves... a picnic at a winery with our kids, then, we dropped them off to her ex and my dad (not together) and we had a lovely get away dinner at Public House.
Ericka texted me to see if we could reenact last years BEST Mother's Day... and THAT's what we did... well, kinna...
I invited my Mother in Law who was happy to join us.... we went to Baron's and loaded up on every single yummy thing we could fit into the basket.... we loaded our cars and headed out to find a winery without horses, since Luca is allergic, without a restaurant, cuz it's too busy at those that have one... and one that would let us bring our own picnic...with live music. I'm happy to report...we found that with Lorimar!
So, we ordered a bottle of white, sat on the patio and ate... and ate... and ate..... it was HOT. Super hot! Water was like GOLD... but more then that... the ice that one of the employees brought me was PLATINUM! As their live music set up and did their sound check... we cooled down with some of the best pieces of ice I've had in a long time! hahaha! Just cuz it was SO HOT... the ice was out of this world! ;) 
Unlike last year, after about four hours, we had to go our separate ways. Ericka and I. Her kids were going to their dad's and she was going to relax in peace and quiet... I, on the other hand, was being taken to see my HOT, STUD Boyfriend in his new release.. Ironman 3!!!! BEST MOTHER's DAY GIFT EEEEVVVVEEEERRRR!!! It was so cute, Luca pulled out $40 at lunch and said, "mom, we are taking you to see your boyfriend" I must have jumped out of my seat... his whit, his humor, his sarcasm, his charm... OH how I LOVE Tony Stark!!!! Wish I was Pepper!!!!! He compares to my husband though, I have to say... mine's got whit, humor, sarcasm and charm! My real life Tony Stark! ;) ANYWAYS... we went to the 4 o'clock showing and stocked up on popcorn... sat in the center top, where I love to be and watched almost 2 hours of HOTNESS!!!!
After, we went home, gathered the Italian's for Mimi and Beatrice's last night with us for this trip, and headed down for Mother's Day Dinner at Gourmet Italia!
Alex had set up a table for us... at the end of the busiest day of the year! they had been on a wait since they opened at 11am!!!
We were, of course, treated like royalty and ate like kings and queens! Alex surprised me with some fun house oriented gifts and his mom with a great Guess bag that Mimi picked out! 
what a beautiful evening of celebration! Another great year of enjoying the day set aside for Mom's!!! 

Good thing the Mother's Day evening was great... because what Monday had in store for me was ANYTHING but great....

No comments:

Post a Comment