Sunday, May 19, 2013

What did Friday hold for me???? Well... there were subtle clues... but I did NOT KNOW what was planned for me for the afternoon! I walked into my house and 7 of my girlfriends walked down my hallway and yelled "SURPRISE!!!" I screamed with surprise and got all excited! I had no idea what the plan was, but I liked what I saw!!!!
Gina and Brenda yell for me to go get my bags packed! "We're going over night and don't worry! Alex knows!" I started jumping up and down and clapping, overjoyed! I didn't care where I was going, I was excited that this was happening to ME! :)
So I packed my bags and we were off!
Headed to San Diego!!! We pulled into the Hard Rock Hotel in Downtown!!!! What a beautiful hotel! We headed up to our room and the girls pulled out some "fun time" and then we began to get ready! I took about 5 whole minutes... Brenda was right behind me... but the rest of the girls!!!!!! TOOK FOREVER!!!! So I had a blast snapping photos, videoing us singing along to some of my favorite music and laughing hysterically....



Once we were ALL ready... we headed to Dick's Last Resort. Why they chose there for ME? I have no idea! I guess the theme there is "rude" and "crude"... and oh they were! 3 of us ended up with strange hats on our heads... Brenda bought some interesting undergarment and my dessert came as a surprise from behind and what it was.... well, let's just say I wanted NOTHING to do with it!!!!! HAHAHAHA I did enjoy some crab legs though!
After an interesting dinner, we headed down 5th street in Gaslamp to Shout House... a dueling piano bar. When we arrived, they told us standing room only.. but we went ahead and went in and as luck would have it... a bachelorette party got up from a front and center table and we were ON IT!
What a riot!!! We had so much fun singing along and laughing!!! Of course, I was called up on stage with a $20 song request.... mentioning that it was my fortieth! Of course, they couldn't just sing to me! They had to start with a tambourine... then they kept increasing the size of my musical instrument until finally I was riding a wooden horse and shaking the SHAKE WEIGHT!!!!! The girls got a big kick out of it!!!! I was DYING!!! LAUGHING of course!!!
As the night went on, we had REALLY bad service, but I can thank her... I was only able to get 1 drink! Hahahha!!! That apparently wasn't the case for MANY other people in the place!!! These 2 girls we ended up calling "The Hemet Girls" were the focus of our entertainment as we closed the night! Almost dressed as twins... they were both in extremely tight colored pants with VERY interesting patterned tops. They went to the same "hair place" and seemed to really enjoy lollipops! They were definitely not what we would call "in shape" but boy.. they MUST have seen something different then we did, when they looked in the mirror. And I'm not being mean... I'm not talking about their looks, I'm talking about their package... they danced like they were the sexiest women alive!!! It was SO funny!!!! We had more laughs with them!!! THEN... one of the last songs of the night... they grabbed MEEEEE up to dance the sexy with them!!!!!!! Of course, I obliged getting on stage, but dancing between them WAS NOT going to happen!!! I just kept a smile on my face and my body respectfully in a different zone then them. They just smiled and danced their "sexy" dance and then were so sweet at the end to say thank you to me for joining them!!!! hahhahhaha!!!
Finally, the Shout House shut down and we were pooped! So, back to the hotel we headed... immediately reminiscing about the funny occurrences of our evening!
Gina and I took the BEYOND uncomfortable L shaped faux leather couch that was too short on both of our ends.... laying our heads on the faux leather pillows that were flat as pancakes! Brenda and Marija scored the bed... not sure how THAT happened... and the other 4 split between the 2 air mattresses.... HORRIBLE night sleep!!! Especially for those who were awakened by the 3 who decided to go out for a midnight snack and come back in the room thinking it was the middle of the day! :)
The next morning... Gina's alarm went off at about 6am... for those of us who were leaving early to make it back for kids sports!
One last photo of the AMAZINGLY FUN TIME in SD with the gals... Good bye fun time! 40 was the BEST birthday EVER!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I think we need to rewind the day a few hours and blog about how we actually GOT you to the house in order to surprise you!! That's a story all on its own :-) XOXO

    ReplyDelete