Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My 40th Birthday week!

May 2nd is my birthday, every year. BUT! This year is a milestone birthday... I'm 40!!! So! I decided it was time to jump back into my blog and share my life's journey's with others. Why would I do that you ask? Well, I feel that my life is not my own. I am one who doesn't mind laughing at myself, sharing my ups and downs and who wants to make a difference in the lives of others. Blogging is just another tool I can use to reach out and touch others in one way or another.
I am a story teller. Not a story teller of made up stories, but of my life. I am detailed, so detailed, that you will feel like you went through each event with me! I hope you enjoy and I hope that I can offer you a laugh, a smile, a tear, a hope... what ever it is that will contribute to the benefit of your life!
So.... on to my stories....
My 40th birthday was much anticipated... by ME! I had been anticipating this celebration for as long as I can remember! The only problem is that I couldn't figure out exactly what my DREAM PARTY would entail. I'd never had a huge birthday bash... well, I guess my 17th birthday would count as the closest... a 50's party in the gym at SCEGA... me and my friends lip sync'd to "My Boyfriends Back" and we took couple pictures, dances and had great diner food. About 30 people came.
Other then that, I hadn't had a true BASH! I thought about what type of party would suit me. I started really thinking about it over a year ago. I thought of Hollywood, but realized that every February at Stars of the Valley, the event my charity organization (Charity for Charity) puts on. It's definitely the dream red carpet Hollywood party and so, that party is already an annual event. Then I thought about a Luau... but I'd want that at the beach, with a roasted pig and all, but that would be a big project that we had no business taking on... besides, EVERYONE has luau's. Then I thought it would be a dream to be the singer of my own concert. Afterall, the guests would HAVE to scream for me... it's my birthday party! BUT, once I mentioned it a few times, I realized that it'd be cool and fun for the first couple songs, but then, how BORING for the guests after that! It's not like I am a real singer or famous or anything... that idea got shot down... I agreed.
Finally, I thought... "what is something I always dreamed of being?" That's when it hit me! Sandra Dee from GREASE! I have always dreamed of being "sweet" Sandy then coming out as "hot" Sandy! That's when it was decided! That's what I'll do! Have a GREASE party! Not just any Grease party... this one was going to be cast! Everyone closest to me will have a role. I didn't want to act out the movie... but I did want to have everyone dressed and I did want to lip sync to some of the songs!!!!
So I started planning it! A year ago! I purchased my Sandy costumes, and Alex's Danny costume...


then started assigning the cast! It fell into place perfectly!!!
First, I cast the TBirds and Pink Ladies: From Left: LB as Kenickie, Brenda as Rizzo, Dan as Putzie, Brandi as Jan, Me, Alex, Angelo as Doodie, Ericka as Frenchy, Cami as Marty and Kenny as Sonny!

Then I cast Gina as Patty Simcox and Pat as Tom "The Jock"

Next... the cheerleaders!
From Left Top: Sister Lauren, Kam, Alison, GINA, Daughter Mimi, Niece Beatrice (my niece), Angela
From Left Bottom: Leah, Jen, ME (as sweet Sandy), Sister Kelsey, Michelle (not pictured - Cousin Gina)
----------------------------------------------------------
I didn't stop there!! I also cast the entire Rydell High Staff as well as the Teen Angel, Frankie Avalon!

Nephew Nicolas as an Auto Shop student, Grammie as Mrs. Murdock, Daddy as Frankie Avalon, Deborah as Cha Cha, Me and Alex, Alex's Mom as the nurse, Auntie Jane as Blanche, Uncle Chuck as Vince Fontain, Mommy as Principal McGee and Step Dad Jeff as Coach Calhoun!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Oh and let's not forget the Teen Angel scene!!!
Cousin Kristen, Niece Mackenzie, Daddy as Frankie Avalon, Ericka as Frenchy, Niece Molly and Niece Mary!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Here's a photo of Danny, Sandy, Cheerleader Mimi and FUTURE TBIRDS Luca and Logan!!!
4 out of my 6 sisters were here!!
Lauren, Brandi, me, Cami and Kelsey!
-------------------------------------------------------
And here's the entire cast!
what a party!!! This was just the cast... then there was the guests!!! Each one dressed so cute and so GREASE!
The cast went above my expectations and totally Flash Mob style lip synced to all the special songs and ALEX TOTALLY DID THE ENTIRE SCENE OF "I GOT CHILLS" with me!!!!
We even had the DINGER from the end of the movie and people were trying to hit the bell all night long! 
After the movie ended on the big screen, we sang Happy Birthday, played the video my Mom made of me Through The Years and danced the night away!!! 
What a party! What a night! What a cast! What a hubby!!!
I got lots of special gifts, although my best presents were the presence and participation of everyone!!!
Thank you to Bill, who video'd, Nicole who took all the photos, Devaughn who DJ'd, Yan and Jen who bartended, Natalie who hosted, Cousin David Sr. who was our GRILLMASTER, Kianna and Katelyn who ran the SODA SHOP, Paul, who made my banners, Babe, Angelo, Mom, Leah, Lauren, Dad and Cami who helped set up! 
I love you all!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment