Friday, May 31, 2013

News of another angel on her way...

Yesterday, I was honored to be asked to help with Darlene's "Celebration of Life". Most of her close friends are working at the Balloon and Wine Festival this weekend and the service is Monday morning. I met with Scott, Kim and Laura yesterday and we discussed the videos, photo boards and many other details of the celebration. I was blessed to share with each of them how special Darlene's life was and how much of an impact she's made on me and other members of Charity for Charity. Sunday, we will have Charity for Charity volunteers as well as friends of Darlene, over to my house where we will make the photo boards, create another video or 2 as well as create our own version of Brain Cancer ribbon, made out of coral ribbon, since coral is Darlene's favorite color. Monday, a team of Charity for Charity volunteers and board members will help at the service. I'm so proud of the volunteers and members of CFC and how they not only pitch in for our events, but in times of need as well.
Today brought me more sad news... a woman whom I worked with at Toyota 17 years ago, for 5 years, is passing away from Liver Disease. Diana was a riot... she had the most contagious laugh! As the years past, I got to know her kids as well... her 2 daughters worked with us. They are such sweet and wonderful girls.... my heart is aching once again, for the children and for Diana, grandchildren she is leaving behind, way too soon.
My prayers are heavy this week.... but at least I can turn to prayer.... to comfort me and give me peace and to feel like I can do a little something for these dear families whose lives are changing forever....

No comments:

Post a Comment