Friday, May 8, 2009

As the list grows...


I decided to make a list of all things that had to be done... in the near future... I think I thought it would help me to feel more organized and be able to get things done quickly and efficiantly. Well, let's just say that it in turn, overwhelmed me even more!!!


My staff is a little "short" right now at the pizzeria, so I get to work ALL DAY!!!! Good stuff goin on!

Not to eventful for you, since I just worked all day, but I did get to see my Gina! She didn't get the message that I had someone to come in for her (although i NEVER expected her to come in, she had a pre op for her DNC at 230!), so she showed up in uniform... no makeup from the tears she was crying. We gave eachother a big hug and we talked more about what the doc told her. Surgery set for tomorrow 1230. She hadn't had her "first" glass of wine yet, so I offered her one as our little "at least she can drink again" toast! ;) She didn't drink much, she helped out a couple customers and then her relief came in, so she left. It was great to be able to see her and hug her. You feel so helpless when a friend is going through something that you can't relate to, nor do anything about. I'm usually the "uplifting" friend, the one who makes you laugh in the eye of the storm, but it's difficult at times to know if that's what is needed more the ability to ball your eyes out. For me, laughter is the best medicene and I can't help but carry that over in how I deal with others. I also try to look at the bright side of everything, but death is a toughy cuz obviously it's much harder to find things to laugh about.

My dear friend, if you read this, know that you are an amazing mother and that the love that your 2 girls share will be only theirs forever now. You have 2 arms to hold each of them tightly, like only you can do... and think about the gifts you've sent to God this past year... 2 little angels, one to watch over each of your girls until the days you all meet again in Heaven! I love you....

I'll get back to you all on my Love Dare... can't remember the title and don't want to guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment