Saturday, May 2, 2009

The day before my BIRTHDAY!!

I'm starting today with the Love Dare Chapter because I like it so much! It's Love Seeks To Understand! How well do you really know your spouse. Not just their personality, their family, their upbringing, but them, their inner most everything!? what is their hopes, dreams, desires? It makes sense that if you know them from the inside out, you have a better understanding of how they operate, right? What drives them up and what brings them down? Like I got a taste of yesterday, it's not always US! I want to get to know Alex more and in order to do this, I have to go back and do more of the previous chapters. Take the time to spend with him alone. Ask him questions about him. Let him know he can trust me with his thoughts, secrets, dreams. I look forward to this "project" and I can't wait to find what I find! :)
Today was pretty neat. I met with Tammi to go over our PR stuff. She needed to "vent" about something and we got to utilize our friendship as well as our working relationship! Her husband and I share the same birthday, so we can never spend it together, but she remembered and bought me the most perfect, touching card about old friends. We have been friends since 2nd grade and have always had a friendship that has no problem catching up where it left off! After our heart to heart, we were hungry, so we ordered a sandwich. Then Alex showed up and he entertained us for a bit. Then Mike Montelone showed up and I introduced Tammi to him. Turns out he was one of her dad's best buds and since her dad passed away 5 years ago, they had some special reminiscing to do! By the time we actually started to work, it was 2 hourse later and we had to rush because we both had kids to pick up! So we rushed to Staples to get some things for our PR packets and RUSHED back! I picked up Luca and then Logan and headed home.
At home I got the opportunity to sit and relax for about 20 minutes!! I sat and watched Ellen's 1000 episode and painted my toenails! They are a hot pink, almost looks like candy! :)
Then I got ready for work... freshened up my hair and face and headed out again!
Malinda, my girlfriend, turned 50 today! She is having a Barbie party TOMORROW! :( I'm so sad I have to miss it!! I'll have to tell you more about it tomorrow! (point will be made as to why tomorrow then). Well, Malinda was setting up for the party today, and ordered pizza's for the crew. I told her I would deliver them before I went in to work, so I thought I'd also get her flowers since I'd be missing the party! Delivered pizza and flowers at 6 then headed into work. It was filling up when I arrived! Another great night for us!! We continued to be SUPER busy... rockin all night! Halfway through the night, Gina's hubby and girls showed up with balloons and cupcakes for my birthday!!! Gina wanted to celebrate at work even though my birthday isn't until tomorrow! So sweet! Then, my sister Lauren and my neices showed up! Hadn't seen Lau for 4 weeks! They sat with Pat and the girls, but we had no time to sit! We rocked until around 9 o'clock when I finally sat down! Jen showed up with gifts in hand... I LOVE when my birthday isn't just a DAY but a few!!! :) :) ;) Jen's gifts were so great! She got me a bottle of wine in a wine bag that was black and white with a C on it, lined with hot pink! Loved the colors!! Then, in the same color scheme but cuter then I can explain, she got me an apron with a C on it too! I'm going to wear it at work! Come see it!! :) Finally Gina was able to sit and we scarfed down some buffalo wings and calamari! Brenda called, she was waiting for us at the mall to go to see the movie I wanted to see Ghosts of Girlfriends Past! So, we wrapped up at the pizzeria and headed to the mall. Well, we were passing The Wine Company and I saw Dan's truck, so I pulled a U turn and the caravan followed! We barged in and Dan graciously gave us a bottle of his Syrah and we took 1/2 to go! Plastic glasses and a half bottle for the MOVIES!!!! Thank you Dan! We were running out of time for the movie starting so we jetted out and rushed over to the movies! Brenda was waiting for us out front and the 4 of us headed in! :) I felt like a teenager sneaking the "alcohol" into the movies! :) We were in the front row too! It was a small challenge hiding it, but Gina poured with ease! It must have been hard for her though, since she LOVES wine and she couldn't drink it (she's preg-o). The movie ended at midnight and I headed over to Gourmet where my hubby awaited. We hung out there for a bit then headed home at 1am! It wasn't ending there... we were finally alone and awake at the same time!!!! ;) After the "alone time" we kept the lights off and lit candles around the bath, sat and relaxed in the bath and talked in peace and quiet. It was a beautiful moment, one that was a great start to a great birthday!!! Went to sleep at 3am!!! nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment