Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wednesday... different work day!

Today was a day of work, just a different kind. House work, computer work and so on! I looked forward to today, getting things done around the house and on the computer. I got my solution to my Internet problem! Verizon sent me a new wireless devise, but then I had to call and get it activated properly. Oh how these things take SOOOOO much time!! Got that done, did some laundry, picked up the house, then got a text from my friend Kim, reminding me that I agreed to go to Rotary with her today. It was 11am and Rotary was at noon. I jumped in the shower and rushed to Wilson Creek to meet Kim. Not knowing what to expect, I walked in and out of about 80 people I probably knew 65! It was a typical "meeting" and not too exciting, except when Kim and I had to stand while she introduced me as, "Charity Prestifilippo of Charity for Charity, Gourmet Italia, Spuntino Pizzeria and a Rotary Renegade (from the basketball game). It was very sweet of her to acknowledge me and invite me. It was a nice time and an opportunity to get to hang with her which I haven't got to do much. I had to jet early because Luca had modified day, getting out at 120. I grabbed him and we headed home. I got more laundry done and worked on a Sicilian wine list with map for Gourmet. It came out nice... but needs it's final approval... the big boss... we'll see!
Speaking of the big boss, he called me from a 5 hour deposition to tell me he wouldn't be back to work in time to relieve Nora, the server, so to work it out for him. I had to go down to get Logan anyways, so I went down to be the in between. In my sun dress and flip flops, there's never any customer at that time. I figured I could play on Alex's computer and Luca could goof off. I walked in to a table with a lady by herself... okay, I can do that. I will just explain to her why I was dressed that way. Well, they kept coming in... uh oh! Now what???? Good thing, Alex showed up before I got too deep! He came in singing, so I handed the tables off to him. Well, from the outside, he seemed fine. I should have known after 5 hours of grilling deposition, having to come right in to 3 tables without getting a break for lunch, cigarette or to pee, he would have been a little put off. That wasn't the only upsetting stuff for him, there was no tomatoes for sauce and I had a "sun dress" on looking like life was so easy for me. Well, he should be happy for me, but it's hard. It's the natural reaction to feel jealous on top of frustrated about the prior incidences. Not right, but natural... he acted out on me for no apparent reason. I left feeling irritated, unjust, angry and resentful. I attempted to call a friend to talk me through and then I stopped to pray. I needed to handle this the way I had learned in this first 20 days of the Love Dare. God gave me the ability to think straight, about how he would love through this and I was able to get a grip, forgive and then I texted him a simple message, "I'm sorry for your frustration, if I could take your place sometimes, I would". Then I texted that I would wait up for him and try to help relieve some stress when he got home. My response from him was, "I'm sorry and thank you". There you go.... thank you Love Dare, thank you GOD!
Today is Love Always Protects. The dare is to remove anything that is hindering our relationship, any addiction or influence that's stealing my attention. This will take some time to think through because my first response is work because that steals the most of our together time... but is that possible when you own your own business? Intending to sell is our attempt to eliminate this distraction and get more time together... we need to continue to pray for this to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment