Sunday, May 3, 2009

What an amazing, fantastic birthday celebration!



The day after...


This birthday is definitely chalked up to one of the top 5 EVER!!!


The morning was great, not sure if I mentioned, but my little guy set the table for breakfast. We ate as a fam and then Alex cleaned up. For some people that doesn't seem like a big deal, but for me it was HUGE. My husband is Italian, from Italy, where Mommy does EVERYTHING for the men of the family. He eats and gets up from the table leaving everything for me to do. So the fact that he pleasantly did it with a serving heart for my birthday was very special! Then, we kinna had to hurry to Luca's game. With some small challenges of getting out on time, we were 20 minutes late to the game. Sorry Coach Mark! Luca had a good game, I stayed until the last 15 minutes. Wes, my cousin came to take the boys after the game for about 4 hours until my Aunt and Uncle brought them to my Mom's so she could watch them until today.


At 1215 I headed over to Spuntino parking lot where a beautiful motorhome awaited! My friends Dave and Christin Powers had offered to drive everyone up in their motorhome to Ladera where we were going to Taste Of Ladera, but to see one of my favorite bands, Sugar Ray. I was the first one to arrive and I entered the motorhome... Dave and Christin had it all decorated for me!!!! How sweet is that?!?!?! We had some last minute things to get such as snacks, ice, cups, cocktails, etc... so I went to CVS and shopped... $100 later!! Hahah! We had enough stuff for a weeks worth of camping... so we thought! Everyone started showing up and we were all pumped for the big day! 14 of us loaded in the motorhome, my husband arriving as one of the last, but arms full of a dozen roses, balloons and a singing card "Aint no mountain high enough..". How special! :)


So we departed around 130... only an hour past my goal. Not bad for 14 people hu? We started a little mellow, everyone having a drink and MOWING on cheese, meat and bread. This great deli called Spuntino provided it. ;) As we got closer, we were coordinating picking up Tiffny and meeting up with Leza and Kris. All who started over in Orange County. We found Tif at Beachfire, which was where the shuttle pick up for the event was. We had a little challenge trying to find a place to park the "big daddy" so we ended up parking about a block from Bran's house. We were a bit of an eye sore 15 ROCKIN people from the TV in the OC!!


We entered and found Bran, went to the VIP area and found our home base. We were all starvin so we spread out to conquer the FOOD COURT! Me, Michelle and Gina detoured to meet Brandi's new boss and watch a demo of her Boogie Box exercise gig. Bran rocks, of course... it's so perfect for her and her body has totally come around... she's back to her fit gymnast bod! After, we got our Persian food and sushi and enjoyed it at home base. Then the music got our feet a tappin and our hips a swinging! Out to the front of the stage we all went! Danced our little booty's off! It was so much fun! There was a dual piano show promoting a new restaurant in Ladera. We took a break to take a picture in a picture booth... when I get my hands on it I'll post a copy! It they were the funnest photos!


And finally... the main event... the hottie patottie, SUGAR RAY (Mark Macgrath)!!
(These pictures were taken by Angela with her camera and emailed to me today!)


EVERYONE else joined us in the front of the main stage, including the unlikely, my hubby!!!! He was so much fun, so engaging and so supportive of my fun! This is HUGE for us! Thank you to the Love Dare!!! We all jumped, sang, danced and hollered for the BABE on stage!!! Despite a close call (Brenda had a bit to drink so her tolerance was low and she almost fought a girl that was pushing her! Alex intervened), everyone had a total BLAST!!!


After the show, we gathered everyone up and headed to the motorhome! The "trip" back was a trip! The shuttle line was totally long, so we decided we'd walk. Then we saw a shuttle pull up and we snuck to the door, neverminding the LONG line. We loaded on and thought we were slick, until we found out that we loaded THE WRONG SHUTTLE!! Ya, see what happens when you try to CHEAT????


Well, we loaded the motorhome and realized that a few of us needed to pee pee and the motorhome was NOT our first choice! With Brandi's house just a block away, we decided to walk there and use the toilets! 4 of us, plus Pat who cut his arm when a bottle of Vodka fell and broke on it, marched down to Bran's. We snuck in and all parted to all parts of the house to all 4 bathrooms! After, we snuck around and gave kisses to my neices excepts, when I went to kiss the little one, Molly, her eyes popped open and she stared with a blank face. If you know Bran, I just gave a KISS OF DEATH! You just DON't MESS with Bran's kids sleep or schedule!!! I tried to put her back to sleep, but it didn't work. Good thing Bran and Dan were outside because she started SCREAMING. So I picked her up and asked her what she wanted and she wanted to go downstairs and get milk. I got her milk, sat her on the chair in the dark and told her I'd go out and get her mommy. I was so afraid to tell Bran, but good thing she had a few drinks and was in a light and happy mood, cuz the worst I got was "now what am i supposed to do?" I said goodnight and I love you and took off! Hahah!


The ride home was fun, but I was sober along with "Prego Gina" and it was interesting and at times funny being entertained by the "happy" people.


GOOD TIMES, GOOD TIMES!!


We got home around 11 and then I went with Alex to Gourmet to see what was going on there. All the girls were off and dressed to go out. They asked me, but I think I was actually alseep while I was sitting there talking to them!


I'm pretty sure when I got into bed, I fell off to sleep because I don't remember a thing after getting under the covers!


The end of a fabulous day and the beginning of a wonderful year of being 36!!

No comments:

Post a Comment