Saturday, May 2, 2009

Where does the time go??

I know I agreed to blog every day, and I do intend to, but my darn USB Verizon wireless dealy corrupted so now I have to use dial up at my house or drag my computer around (which I do) and try to find a "hot spot" as well as the time while I'm out!!! Bare with me as I attempt to solve this irritating problem! :)
Okay, so, we left off after the game!?!? Wednesday was my last blog... so, let's take Thursday and start from there to catch up!
Thursday I scheduled myself to work the day shift since Luca had Open House that night (or as Logan calls it, "house keeping"). I don't typically work Thursday day since Logan doesn't go to preschool on Tuesdays or Thursdays. So he was with me at work. That little angel! I set up this "Internet Challenged" computer for him to play one of his favorite games, Charlie Churchmouse! Dad bought the computer game for the boys for Christmas. Logan loves it because it's a game he can actually get into and do by himself. He must have sat quiet and still for 3 hours! I had planned to work until 3, then meet up with Michelle to go shopping WITH the kids, to find something to wear for my MOST FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR... May 2nd... my birthday! What were we thinking??? Taking her 1 daughter and my 2 sons under 7 to the mall to shop for clothes for US???? Ya, I thought what your thinking right now! HECK NO! Good thing I have my little ANGEL, better known as Nanny Vanessa! Actually, no, I think she IS better known as MY ANGEL!!! She's 21 and has been with us since Logan was about 4 months old! He's 2 months shy of 4 YEARS old now!!!! She is the next best thing to me for the boys! Loves them, cares for them, teaches them, disciplines them and takes care of the house and their laundry too!!! I know, I am eternally grateful for her! Oh! And even better, she will come almost EVERYTIME I call!!! She has her regular days, but in my life, there are no "regular" days, so she has to be flexible, becoming my assistant at times!
So, my wonderful idea came when I thought to have her come to the mall with us! For me, it was PERFECT... she took the boys to the play area and I didn't see them the entire time I was searching for SOMETHING to wear! Michelle, on the other hand, wasn't so lucky! She brought her older son whose 11, but her daughter wouldn't leave her side! After 2 hours and 4 stores later, neither of us found A THING!! I had to jet since open house was starting while I was still shopping. So I bailed on Michelle, she stayed and continued to search despite her daughters dire exhaustion and her thinning patience.
In perfect time, I arrived at Open House after the part where you're supposed to sit still and pay attention. For some reason, I'm just NOT GOOD AT THAT! There were opportunity baskets that all the classes put together and they were selling tickets. 20 dollars for 40 tickets (i think) anyways, it was A TON of tickets and what you don't know BEFORE you buy at this "GREAT DEAL" is that you have to write your name and phone number on EVERY TICKET before entering them into the basket of choice! Fortunately Vanessa stayed with me so she helped... of course I didn't win A THING after all of that!!! Oh well, good cause! ;)
I forgot to mention, when we got there, Vanessa spotted Brenda, one of my girlfriends (for those of you who don't know). Well, you say, what's the point of that? Her kids don't even go to this school!!!! hahah! Her 2 older girls did a couple years ago and she is bringing her little one's back next year, but it was kinna random and funny cuz she didn't mention when we talked earlier that she'd be there. So we hung, visiting not only Luca's class, but the classroom of our friend, the popular, MR SHEA! Between Luca's class and Mr. Shea's, we ran into Marija and Mark. We quickly said hello, confirmed plans of going to pizza at Spuntino's after and parted. When we were walking down the hall, I realized Luca was missing. Fortunately, we were at his school and he knows his way around, but still, I should have known if he wanted to take off with the Maxfields which is what I figured he did. So, upon arrival to Shea's classroom and seeing Luca didn't beat us there, nor was he behind us, I called Marija. No answer... I send Vanessa to look for Marija to see if Luca was with her... she came back empty handed and Marija hadn't seen him. Now I'm starting to worry! I rushed through the halls asking passers by if they'd seen him. That should have been thought out better, because when I finally did find him, everyone was searching for him! I felt like the LAMEST mom, loosing my child at Open House!!!
So, we left there, Brenda and her little one too, headed over to Spuntino where Bren's hubby awaited and Gina and Marissa were slaving away! I arrived and the place was PACKED! Gina and Marissa had the look like they were going to kill me! Marissa had worked from 3 til then and it was pretty much busy that whole time... not to mention, Gina and I work together alone Tuesday and Thursday and there's this undeniable chemistry that we have that we can ROCK the entire place, no matter how busy it gets! Well, it was like a Friday night, so instead of going and enjoying dinner with some friends, I was diffusing issues, cleaning tables and taking orders. Then Alex called in a panic, needing someone to rush him over the Spumante. The Love Dare in me got me to do it myself despite his extremely demanding tone over the phone. Since my Love Dare I thought, "I would LOVE to stay and not miss out on dinner with my friends, but he needs me and I need to neglect that desire of mine to tend to his needs". So I sucked it up and did it. Come to find out, his demanding tone was due to a restaurant FULL and only him serving! He didn't have time to listen to my thoughts or discussion on the best scenario for getting the wine to him, he just needed it and needed to get off the phone! Funny what you realize when you get into the "others" world!
My Love Dare Chapter today was "Love Promotes Intimacy". This chapter got a few underlines from me too. 2 lines that stand out are "The atmosphere in your marriage should be one of freedom." and the other "Loving them well should be your life's work". I'm learning what it means to "Love Well" and I believe the results will be forever changing for us! :) The dare is a difficult one because it's "determine to guard your mates secrets and pray for them". Alex doesn't really have secrets (not that I'm aware of). He tells me things straight up and he has no life outside of work to create secrets. But if he did tell me something, I would for sure hold his secret sacred.

No comments:

Post a Comment