Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tuesday is Totally Tough!

Tuesday's are usually great! It's my first day of the week that I work with my girl, Gina! This Tuesday, I had some things to do at home and then I had to go to North to cut some checks with Logan in tow. After that, we had to get to Gourmet Italia for a meeting about The Escape with the staff, Tammi and Alex. Alex picked up Luca after promising in the morning. Vanessa met us at the restaurant and took the kids from the boring setting away to home where they'd play Wii into the eve!
I, of course, had a meeting to attend to, but sitting at Starbucks, I saw my Uncle Chuck, so I went over to talk to him. While I was talking to him, Tammi showed up and came to say hi. She hadn't seen him in years! Then, Gina's Dad comes walking up! So funny! Said hi to Gil and then, all of a sudden, my phone rings... Gina is calling! I answer the phone, "I just gave a hug to your DAD!" before she could say a word. She then says, "really? oh, well..." and went on to tell me that she had just gotten back from the Doctors and they told her she miscarried. You could imagine how I wished I could rewind 5 seconds and just say, Hello. She proceeded to tell me that she would be in to work regardless. Of course I told her no way, but she wouldn't take no for an answer. She said, "I'll see you tonight and I love you" then she hung up.
Frazled, I wrapped the conversation with Uncle and headed into Gourmet. It wasn't setting right with me that Gina thought she was going to come in, but I wasn't sure where she was coming from... you just never know how people will handle things, even one of your best friends. Not being able to let it go, I texted her hubby, Pat. He called immediately and explained that she didn't want to let me down or leave me in a binde. She obviously wasn't thinking straight because I'm not just her boss, I'm her best friend. Even if I was just an employer, I would think NOTHING of a person in her position to take the night off... BUT because we are friends, she felt more obligation to me. Touching, but rediculous! So Pat ensured me she would not come in... now I could enjoy my meeting! Well, "ENJOYing" a meeting is a silly thing to say, isn't it? Well, you know what I mean, I could carry in with peace of mind. The meeting was good, covered a lot of ground and got assigned more work! Yay! Hahah!
Tammi was already planning on coming to Spuntino after the meeting to work on more PR stuff, so she said she would help me if it got busy. Crash course in order taking and the rest is comman sense for a mature young lady! ;)
When we arrived, Marissa informed me that she maybe had 8 tables all day. She was able to clean, organize, stock and anything else she could possibly think of, then she left. Tammi and I had a couple to go orders, then a table! Before you knew it it was 730 and we had 3 tables. And then I realized it was Cinco De Mayo! EVERYONE was at the mexican restaurants! Guess it was the perfect night for Gina to miss! Marija, Mark and the kids came in for American Idol, so Tammi and I sat and joined them as we critiqued and/or praised the Idols for their performances! Our favorite is Danny, then Kris, then Allison and Adam TOTALLY bugs us all!
Good luck Idols, but we voted for Danny and Kris! All the way boys!
My Love Dare today is Love Is Faithful and my dare is to love even if my spouse has stopped. Fortunately, I know he hasn't stopped loving me, but sometimes he forgets that he does! That's a tall order, but without argument a TRUE LOVE committment! I'm committed!

No comments:

Post a Comment