Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sunday Family Birthday

The boys stayed the night at my moms Saturday night and wouldn't you think it would be the PERFECT opportunity for Alex and I to sleep in and enjoy our quiet morning?!?!? ya, well, so did we! The phone rang at 650am! Unfortunately it was bad news.... NOT a death, fortunately, but it was our alarm company calling to tell us we were broken into at Spuntino! Alex had to jump out of bed and race down. He told me to sleep in, so sweet! so i did for another couple hours. When I woke up it was 830 and Alex was calling me to bring the drill so he could drill in plywood in place of the window. The "crooks" didn't get anything except a few bucks that the servers had left for the cooks. What they did get as well was our peace of mind! It's so frustrating that there are people that have no feelings for the individuals behind the "store front". We are people struggling to stay strong in business especially during this difficult time. Now, with this being the second break in, we are seriously trying to figure out what to do to prevent the 3rd and so on... Any suggestions outside of alarm, camera's and maybe a sign on the window saying NO MONEY IS KEPT HERE!!!!???
Well, that was "time together" i guess. Alex and I were cleaning up, just the 2 of us... how sweet! ;) I had to take off though, had to go to mom's to get the kids. He decided to stay until the first employee showed up. I went home, got ready and headed to the OC.
My Aunt and Uncle were at my mom's overnight as well. It's great to me, that the boys get to hang with them all. My lil sister Kels had a musical she was in over the weekend called "Thoroughly Modern Mille". I had to get to mom's to "watch" my boys while they all went to the play. I was pretty tired from the night before, so I was mellow, working on the computer for the restaurants and catching up on my blog. The boys played a bunch of different things inside and out. After of 3 hours of alone time at mom's, the gang returned and we sat down to my mom's delicious Chicken Soup! One of my favorites! It was a great family dinner and then... oh! The good stuff!!!! PRESENTS!! :) Cards and presents and then, my favorite... cheesecake with a THICK graham cracker crust!!! I'm so blessed to be celebrated so many times!!!
My Love Dare today is Love Is Jesus Christ! I say, AMEN to this! I have been a born again Christian since I was in Junior High. I was born into Christianity, but acknowledged my personal belief and faith in the Lord in middle school. Having my faith has brought me through so many challenges in my life. For some, it's difficult to have faith. For me, it is something that, with a lot of facts and the proof of God's living spirit in my lives and many lives surrounding me... it's simply undeniable! There's a foundation that is so strong that no matter what life brings me, I can get through it because of God's grace, love and promise. When I started the Love Dare, I believed in it because it was based on teaching me/us how to love the way it was designed by God. No matter what you argue against Christianity or God, there is no evil associated. That is because God is love, so to understand love, you should understand God. Without God, I wouldn't have the strength, courage or preserverence to deal with life's curve balls and I've had/got a few!!! I will get into those sometime!! I say it again... AMEN! Jesus Christ IS Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment