Monday, May 11, 2009

Saturday night...

Saturday I got so much and nothing done! Have you ever had that feeling? It was a great lazy day but I did get several things done. The bulk of my efforts were the later part of the afternoon, but I have to admit. The first part of the day, I lost working on this darn computer! How time flys when you're on the computer doesn't it? I don't understand it. One minute I look down and the computer clock says 11:30am and the next time POOF! 3 hours has gone by and it's 2:30pm!! I have to pat myself on the back, okay, well, I guess it's all how you see it... my boys were home but I almost forgot for that 3 hours because they didn't come to me once, nor did they make a peep! Now some would wonder what they were getting into that whole time. Nothing... the babysitter/Wii had their attention for 3 hours!! Batman is for ages 10 and up, my kids are almost 4 and 6 and a 1/2! They have mastered this game like nobody's business! It's crazy to me, their ability to figure it out! That's the other side of it, you may say, no pat on the back! Your kids were glued to a video game for 3 hours... I call this empowering them to entertain themselves. When my head finally got out of the computer trap and I went out to see them, they were eating cereal but there were Tuna remains on the table. When asked, they acted like I was silly, "Mom! Can't you tell, we ate Tuna!" Totally fed themselves, entertained themselves and didn't argue... I SAY BIG PAT ON THE BACK!!! :) Hahaha! Well, I was proud of them anyways.
But, it was time for me to shut down the computer, put my wheels on and boogie through the house! Alex can't come home and think I did NOTHING all day!!! Although, sometimes I feel like "WHO CARES IF I DO NOTHING" sometimes!!! Guess my guilt comes from the fact that he never gets to do "NOTHING", so I feel I shouldn't either! Hmmmm, gotta get over that, hu? ;)
At about 4 o'clock, I was pretty well done with my clean up around the house... thank goodness cuz my hubby walked in! We all hung for a bit and then I had to get ready for work! We both did, actually. So we did, both get ready and the babysitter arrived just in time for us to leave.
Work was not very busy. First night back for Gina, so that was fun! We planned to go to Gourmet after work and have a drink and relax with the guys. We got to head over earlier then we planned and that was nice! I called my sister Lauren to meet up with us and she decided she would. I was glad, hadn't hung with her in a while! So, she showed up after a bit and then coinsidently, our friends Jamey and Tammy showed up! Actually, we think they were out for a date, but we changed those plans quickly, cuz we all joined them at a table! It was a fun, relaxing, social night. Alex was "on" which is always great! Bloody Mary's for me, wine for the rest of em... great food and awesome people! The perfect night!
Later in the night, a gal shows up with her sax. She had played at Thorton earlier and offered to join Randy and the Associates and play a little for us... she is a young, attractive, hispanic girl who you would never guess would blow your socks off! She was amazing!!! We were all floored by her ability and "coolness"!! We enjoyed her for a while and then, the night slowly ended. It was lovely and perfect! Headed home, 3 Bloody Mary's later and slept like a baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment